This policy sets out how Qatar Finance and Business Academy ("us", "we", "QFBA") may use the personal data that we may collect from you. By using any of our services including our website and by providing us with any personal information, you are consenting to the use of your personal information as set out in this policy. Please do not send us any personal information if you do not want your personal information to be used in this way.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time to reflect developments in the law and best practices or in the provision of our services.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data when you:
- you use or access our website or use our other social media channels;
- register or enrol in any of our courses or programmes or order or purchase and/or use our products(including learning materials) and/or services;
- you request information;
- participate in any survey or other similar exercise undertaken by us ; or
- send personal data to us by any other means.
What can your personal data be used for
We may use your personal data for any of the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide and improve our services to you, including to deliver the course or programme for which you are enrolled and/or administer tests or examinations; - to manage our relationship with you and our clients and to communicate with you;
- to administer and improve our website; including to compile anonymous statistics, for example, website usage statistics;
- to market, enhance and improve our services;
- to maintain internal record keeping and audits;
- to conduct credit checks if we are offering you a form of credit;
- to instruct debt collection agencies in the event that you owe us money; and
- to fulfill our legal obligations; and/or
- for other legitimate business purposes
Who can we share your personal data with
- Any member of our group, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and parent company and our parent company’s subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Other businesses and third parties (such as our business partners, course developers, service/training providers and other contractors) which we engage to help us run our business, for example to provide services to you;
- External awarding or educational bodies which verify your test and examination results in order to obtain accreditations for you (if you are a student);
- Your employer who is paying for our service;
- Credit reference agencies for credit checking and debt collection agencies;
- IT hosting and maintenance providers;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- Market research companies and providers of direct marketing services,
- Such other entities or bodies as my be required by law; and
- Other parties to which you authorise us to release it.
Storing, transferring and processing your personal data
Your personal data may be kept in paper files and/or held in electronic form (e.g. on our IT systems, in emails, on the cloud or in databases). It may be transferred to an entity, and/or stored at a destination, outside the Qatar Financial Centre (“QFC”). For example we may transfer your personal data to a service or training provider, product manufacturer or developer, agent or supplier outside the QFC for the purposes described above. This means that your personal data may be transferred to other jurisdiction which may not have the same data protection laws as are applicable in the QFC. Any transfer of your personal data to another jurisdiction would be carried out in accordance with the QFC Data Protection Regulations 2005.
Your personal data may also be processed by our agent, training provider, contractor or supplier operating outside the QFC for the purposes of providing the services to you including processing and fulfilling your purchase order and processing your payment details.
By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. Security
Please note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed entirely secure. While we strive to protect your personal data, we can neither ensure nor warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
The QFC Data Protection Regulations 2005 sets out your rights as an individual in relation to your personal data and how it is used. The regulations give you the right to access information held about you.
If you have any queries regarding this policy and how we handle your personal data, please Contact Us via email at email@example.com
or call us on 974 4496 8333 or send your enquiries to QFBA, QFC Tower 2, Al Wahda Street, West Bay PO Box 23245, Doha, the State of Qatar.