The Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is the only globally accepted certification for internal auditors and remains the standard by which individuals demonstrate their professionalism in the internal auditing field. Candidates in the program are enriched with educational experience, information, and the business tools that can be applied immediately in any organization or business environment. Successful completion demonstrates your competency and professionalism in the internal auditing field. The CIA journey begins with a focus on The Institute for Internal Auditors (IIA)’s International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and aspects of mandatory guidance under the IPPF. The journey continues with a focus on managing an internal audit project and culminates with concepts related to internal control, risk, governance, and technology.
The CIA is a 3-part process for establishing your foundational core and starting point for career growth to:
- Distinguish you from your peers.
- Demonstrate your proficiency with internal staff and external clients.
- Develop your knowledge of best practices in the industry.
- Demonstrate your proficiency and professionalism.
- Lay a foundation for continued improvement and advancement.
Related Job Titles:
- Audit Specialist.
- Junior Auditor.
- Senior Auditor.
- Audit Manager.
- Supervisory auditor or accountant.
- Operational Risk Consultant
- Compliance Auditor
- Internal Audit Consultant
- Auditors (Chief Audit Executive, Audit Managers, Audit Staff).
- Risk Management Staff.